1. Let’s Talk Philadelphia Celebrates The Super Bowl!
Miami Hosts This 54th Classic!
There Is No Off Week To Rest And Recuperate!
Congratulations Andy Reid for taking the Philadelphia Eagles to the Super Bowl and now the Kansas City Chiefs. The Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco Forty-niners are waiting to bang helmets next week. Everything surrounding the Super Bowl on January 26, 2020 in Miami, including Jennifer Lopez’s and Shakira’s halftime show, is massively staged and upscale. The international viewing audience of 114 million is an enormous number. The Fox Network that is broadcasting the Super Bowl is garnering 11 million dollars a minute for advertising.
All that is the good news surrounding the Super Bowl!
The bad news is that the next day, Super Bowl Monday, 18 million employees will miss work. That figure amounts to 14 percent of the American workforce and a five billion dollar loss in productivity.
The workforce company Kronos, Inc. that is commissioned to compile these work statistics calls it their Super Bowl Fever Survey.
We think, as do others, that Super Bowl Monday should be a national holiday.
2. Let’s Talk Philadelphia And The Bad Boys III Phenomenon!
100 Million Dollar Was More Than Bad Boys I and II Combined!
Philadelphia’s Will Smith Shoots and Explodes With Another Winner!
What made Bad Boys III such a huge unexpected hit?
1. Bad Boys III has tripled the gunfights, explosions, and super fast car driving scenes in BB IV. Its two predecessors are tame compared to this shoot-fest.
2. Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, and Joe Pantoliano added a great support cast to their new adventures into the world of crime and drugs.
3. Paola Nunez (the Captain), Alexander Ludwig, Vanessa Hudgens, and Charles Melten form an independent, four person task force that saves Will Smith and Martin Lawrence twice. We are hoping their roles will be expanded in Bad Boys IV. Their shooting skills, computer skills, and tracking skills are mind boggling. There is no kissing in Bad Boys III, so hopefully Nunez and Smith will take their playful connection to dating then kissing in Bad Boys IV. Lawrence is a new grandfather and retired, committed to family man. Smith is too old not to have a female connection.
4. Miami is just a great location for fast car sequences, fast guns, great ocean views, and sunbathing. All those points are played to the maximum in Bad Boys IV.
5. Kate del Castillo perfectly plays a murderous witch with sacrificial candles, devil beads, death cards, and more. She brutally escapes from prison and flees to Mexico City, Here she, then, dispatches her son to Miami to kill everyone involved in sending her to prison. A cadre of judges, lawyers, policeman, and court personnel are killed in quick succession by her son (Jacob Scipio). It takes the Bad Boys a while to catch on. The movie intensifies threefold when the search for Scipio begins.
Note: Don’t leave the movie early. There are two outtakes of what is to come in Bad Boys IV. The new movie is reported to, already, be in the planning stages.
We think Vanessa Hudgens, Paola Nunez, and Gabrielle Union should make the spin-off movie Bad Girls: What You Gonna Do. They shoot and fight better than any female actor we have seen. It will make an excellent addition to the Jerry Bruckheimer, Sony, and Bad Boys franchise.
3. Let’s Talk Philadelphia Celebrates Another Anniversary!
Let’s Talk Philadelphia is celebrating its 26th anniversary while Elvis Presley is celebrating his 85th anniversary.
Here is Let’s Talk’s story! You can read tomes of writing about Elvis on the Internet or see his movie Elvis Presley: That’s The Way It Is now showing at your local theater. It shows Elvis recording and rehearsing in the studio without any of the tech help that is used now. The studio session featured in the movie is 30 minutes and it is followed with an hour of one his Las Vegas concerts.
Two great listens at the office this week were the duets between Elvis Presley and Helene Fischer on Just Pretend (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbmeRP116jw) and the Andrea Bocelli and Helene Fischer duet on If Only (www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZDBTAdRV1o). Listening to these two dynamite performances and seeing their inspiring locales will make your week!
In 1994 Joan Rivers had a part of her concert where she asked the audience…Can We Talk? We, at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, thought Can We Talk Philadelphia would be the good name of an international themed entertainment column until we found Can We Talk was copyrighted by Rivers.
The Let’s Talk Philadelphia column then emerged and went from classroom discussions, to a one page newsletter handed out on the corner of Broad and Walnut Streets, to a column now read by 30,000 plus readers across five continents. Every column encourages readers to contribute their photography, art, and local business news to the column at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everything is free and the column is a great connector for a contributor’s two paragraphs and six pictures to email@example.com.
Everyone in the office wants us to enter into the spheres of religion and politics, but the vote still says, no.
4. Let’s Talk Philadelphia And The David Baldacci Dimension!
The Five Book Camel Club Series Is One Of His Best Works!
David Baldacci is turning 60 in 2020. His 20 books and 15 movies have racked in close to 60 million dollars in sales. Baldacci writes mysteries, love stories, and now science fiction. If you have not met him yet, his Camel Club series in hard cover and audio CD are a nice start.
The Camel Club is a four member group of eccentric friends that gravitate to and work in the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. They seem to be in the middle of everything political and criminal that is happening in Washington. They have friends with ears and eyes everywhere that always pick up on that rare find to help solve a mystery or political undertaking. The Camel Club is lead by Oliver Stone an X-federal agent who is joined by a computer genius, a member with perfect memory, and a literary guru. Their housing from tents to a graveyard cottage are just as eccentric as their physical and mental characteristics.
Baldacci’s stories rapidly take you to the final solution from three or four angles at a time. You will not fall asleep waiting for something to happen. Read the series in order. It will help you to understand the connections of all the characters and the history of newly elected members to the Camel Club.
5. Let’s Talk Philadelphia And Weather!
The Aeronauts Introduces The Unknown Concept Of Weather Forecasting!
Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones Tame The Skies In A Balloon!
Aeronauts, an Amazon Prime movie, is the story of the advent of weather predicting. Eddie Redmayne, a dreamer of the skies’ scientist, and Felicity Jones, a hot air balloon pilot are attempting to break the 28,000 foot accent record in a balloon.
Redmayne tries to explain to his scientific society friends that it is possible to predict climate and climate change. Just like the hurricane chasers of today, he believes a little know balloon concept will lead the way to weather forecasting. The laughter from this lock minded scientific group resonated blocks away from their meeting hall.
Eddie Redmayne is an Academy Award winner (The Theory Of Everything, 2015) and Felicity Jones is an Academy Award nominee (The Theory Of Everything, 2015). Felicity was awarded the Best New Actor Award in Great Britain to go along with her six other best actor nominations.
Redmayne’s and Jones’ first meeting is at a carnival that is the launch site for this exploratory balloon. The movie has this mismatched duo flying into a handful of unknown dangers as they fly to heights not attained before their attempt.
The science and the actors in this movie are a great match as they were in award winning The Theory Of Everything.
5A. Do You Believe Global Warming Can Be Stopped Or Prevented?!
Let’s Talk Philadelphia Thanks Silvia Levy For Sharing This Must See Video Clip!
Young Greta And George Will Have You Planting A Tree After Seeing This Video! (https://youtu.be/aUCD_24cygQ). Please Watch The Video And Help!
6. Let’s Talk Philadelphia And Nancy Watson Art!
Art Teachers And Beginning Painters Unite!
Thank You Nancy For Brightening Up Our Column!
Thank you for asking me to submit some art work. My name is Nancy Watson and I grew up in Catonsville Maryland, Long Island, New York, and currently live in Orlando, Florida. I am primarily an art teacher, so my personal art is more of a hobby. I love to capture the places I have visited and try to express the feelings I had being in that place. I love to paint nature scenes, especially in watercolor. Lately I have been producing pet portraits for friends, very carefully as pet owners know every whisker on their pets.
After teaching art classes for many years at ASM Studios in Orlando, I have switched to private art lessons for all ages. I have found that I can tailor the lesson to the interests of the student and by letting them explore different mediums they can use to achieve their ideas which were once only in their minds. The private format works especially well for students who may be shy, there is less pressure to perform and this relaxes them. It is also effective for students with learning disabilities and developmental disabilities. Many of my students have worked on art portfolios and are now in art schools around the country.
7. Let’s Talk Philadelphia’s Steve McQueen Salute!
Car Clues And The Bullitt Auction!
Steve McQueen’s original Ford Mustang that was used in the movie Bullitt (1968) just sold for 3.4 million dollars. The chase scenes are worth the admission to the movie, if you can find somewhere it is playing in an old movie house. To salute this movie and car sale Tom Palumbo has designed a two-minute puzzle called Car Clues. The clues below generate a word that has CAR in it in exact order. The word CAR can be in the beginning, middle, or end of the answer. See how many answers you can get in the two minutes allotted.
1. This car is Mickey Mouse related…Cartoon
2. This car is not plentiful…
3. This car is a movie award…
4. This car is an Egyptian medallion…
5. This car is a box
6. This car goes with ox…
7. This car is an exquisite jewelry make…
8. This car is an ace…
9. This car is a fish…
10. This car is a hard worker…
11. This car is a fighting ship…
12. This car is an ace…
13. This car is a British author that writes spy novels…
14. This car is an American president…
15. This car is a neck helper…
16. This car is a sweater…
17. This car is a cemetery worker…
18. This car is a vegetable…
19. This car is a bad arrest…
20. This car is in a ship’s hold…
21. This car is a writing mark…
22. This car is an ace…
23. This car is a drive-ins waiter…
24. This car is a boy’s name…
25. This car is a girl’s name…